Scandinavian Building Services is a leader in retail, commercial cleaning and maintenance; we have set the standard for quality and service for well over half a century. Innovation approaches combined with experienced, professional staff continue to build strong and lasting relationships with clients of all shapes and sizes…and a reputation that’s simply spotless. Our resume of experience and qualifications contain all aspects of cleaning as well as all forms of buildings, may it be commercial, retail or construction clean. We have offices in Alberta, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec, settling in Edmonton with our Head office. Scandinavian Building Services maintains millions of square feet daily and is always striving to provide the best results and service possible. Be a part of our dynamic and energetic team of professionals, as we call it, our Scandi Family!
Scandinavian Building Services is looking for an Accounts Receivable Administrator to perform aspects of Accounts Receivable, including bank reconciliation and collections. This individual is also expected to use their excellent analytical skills and previous business accounting experience to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain up-to-date billing system and accounts receivable customer files and records
- Generate and send out invoices
- Prepare, post and mail 1st month and end of the month contract invoices
- Extra invoicing during the month as needed for one-time jobs
- Sort and gather all corresponding information needed
- Prepare and track job costs and outstanding work orders
- Prorate amounts for credit notes and adjustments
- Post and email
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Perform account reconciliations
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies; develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Generate age analysis
- Review AR aging to ensure compliance
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
- Prepare and submit bank deposits; weekly cash reporting
- Prepare for review bank reconciliation
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Process adjustments
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures and full cycle accounting
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficient in Sage 300 accounting software and Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and information management
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Be able to work independently, with a strong drive to succeed
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must communicate politely, effectively and professionally to all contacts, internal and external
- Excellent computer skills and administrative skills
Over 60 years in business, we strive on being the best in our industry and creating the best working atmosphere for all of our staff. As one of the Best Managed Companies in Canada we thrive on team recognition and involvement. We look forward to hearing from you!
Scandinavian would like to thank all applicants. Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Come and join our Scandi Family and find out what a great team you could be working with.