Scandinavian Building Services is a leader in retail, commercial cleaning and maintenance; we have set the standard for quality and service for well over half a century. Innovation approaches combined with experienced, professional staff continue to build strong and lasting relationships with clients of all shapes and sizes…and a reputation that’s simply spotless. Our resume of experience and qualifications contain all aspects of cleaning as well as all forms of buildings, may it be commercial, retail or construction clean. We have offices in Alberta, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec, settling in Edmonton with our Head office. Scandinavian Building Services maintains millions of square feet daily and is always striving to provide the best results and service possible. Be a part of our dynamic and energetic team of professionals, or as we call it, our Scandi Family!
- Knowledge of general cleaning, hard floor care, carpet care, upholstery cleaning, pressure washing and window washing.
- Experience operating cleaning equipment (Auto scrubber, swing machine, burnisher, pressure washer and any others required) (training can be provided by Scandinavian)
- Great people skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Must enjoy cleaning
- Able to take direction
- Able to become more educated on new machinery
- Must be WHIMIS certified (training can be provided by Scandinavian)
- General cleaning, including, but not limited to: trash removal; dusting; cleaning restrooms, break rooms, offices, restaurant seating and production areas; sweeping and mopping floors; vacuuming floors; window washing; buffing floors; stripping and waxing floors; stone care; carpet cleaning; carpet spotting; upholstery cleaning; other duties as assigned. Specific duties may vary depending on the List of Specifications required by the client at each location.
- Completing work to high quality standard.
- Being to work on scheduled days and hours.
- Ability to assist in training new employees and giving daily direction and work lists.
- Must be able to read and explain MSDS sheets.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where good physical health is required.
- Ability to bend, turn, stoop, stand, reach high and low, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. for 3 to 8 hours per shift.
- Perform repetitive manual tasks on a daily basis
- Walking large areas of floor space
- Able to maneuver large machinery successfully
Hours of Work:
- 7 days a week, start time 10pm with shifts 3-6 hours (to be determined upon hire)