Scandinavian Building Services is a leader in retail, commercial cleaning and maintenance; we have set the standard for quality and service for well over half a century. Innovation approaches combined with experienced, professional staff continue to build strong and lasting relationships with clients of all shapes and sizes…and a reputation that’s simply spotless. We have offices in Alberta, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec, settling in Edmonton with our Head office. Scandinavian Building Services maintains millions of square feet daily and is always striving to provide the best results and service possible. Be a part of our dynamic and energetic team of professionals, or as we call it, our Scandi Family!
- Knowledge of general cleaning, hard floor care, carpet care, upholstery cleaning, pressure washing and window washing
- Experience operating cleaning equipment (Auto scrubber, swing machine, burnisher, pressure washer and any others required) (training can be provided by Scandinavian)
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers, using people skills to establish relationships and resolve conflicts
- Team player and self motivated
- Must enjoy cleaning
- Able to take direction
- Able to become educated on new machinery
- Must be WHIMIS certified (training can be provided by Scandinavian)
- Manage, integrate and facilitate the overall operations of a particular client/contract
- Develop and train staff to meet Scandinavian standards and requirements.
- Recruitment, termination, scheduling, and assign daily cleaning responsibilities
- Answer general questions from cleaners and clients
- Assist with completing administrative tasks and paperwork as required
- Assist with general cleaning, including, but not limited to: trash removal; dusting; cleaning restrooms, break rooms, offices, restaurant seating and production areas; sweeping and mopping floors; vacuuming floors; window washing; buffing floors; stripping and waxing floors; stone care; carpet cleaning; carpet spotting; upholstery cleaning; other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all Scandinavian Safety Standards are followed and maintained.
- Must be able to read and explain MSDS sheets.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where good physical health is required.
- Ability to bend, turn, stoop, stand, reach high and low, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. for 3 to 8 hours per shift.
- Perform repetitive manual tasks on a daily basis
- Walking large areas of floor space
- Able to maneuver large machinery successfully
- Must Pass OPP & OPS clearances
- 1-2 years in a supervisory role in the cleaning industry.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Innovative thinking, Analytical skills and Problem Solving execution
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Team Building and Connection
- Strong Leadership skills
- Experienced in high pressure and stressful situations
- Able to prioritize tasks in a professional and efficient manner
- Reliable, trustworthy and committed to career goals
- Cell Phone and Computer provided
- Benefits after 3 Months
Over 60 years in business, we strive on being the best in our industry and creating the best working atmosphere for all of our staff. As one of the Best Managed Companies in Canada we thrive on team recognition and involvement. We look forward to hearing from you!
Scandinavian would like to thank all applicants. Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Come and join our Scandi Family and find out what a great team you could be working with!