Scandinavian Building Services is a leader in retail, commercial cleaning and maintenance; we have set the standard for quality and service for well over half a century. Innovation approaches combined with experienced, professional staff continue to build strong and lasting relationships with clients of all shapes and sizes…and a reputation that’s simply spotless. We have offices in Alberta, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec, settling in Edmonton with our Head office. Scandinavian Building Services maintains millions of square feet daily and is always striving to provide the best results and service possible. Be a part of our dynamic and energetic team of professionals, or as we call it, our Scandi Family!
Scandinavian Building Services seeks an Intermediate Accountant with strong communication skills, the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines, and an understanding of various accounting functions. This role facilitates the full cycle accounting process.
- Ability to communicate effectively while utilizing strong customer relations skills
- Knowledge of full-cycle bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, financial reports, and government remittances
- Experienced with working under pressure and managing time effectively to meet important deadlines
- Able to use excellent analytical skills in order to problem-solve daily challenges and obstacles
- Excellent computer skills and an ability to easily adapt to new systems
- Previous experience with AccPacc/Sage 300 is considered an asset
- Working towards an accounting designation is considered an asset
- Capital Expenditure Schedule Management
- Depreciation Accrual
- Month End Journal Entry Accruals (Prepaids, Insurance, Misc)
- Month End AP Accrual as necessary
- Monthly and Quarterly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- GST/PST reconciliation and processing
- Non-recurring Job Cost portal management
- Non-recurring Job Cost Reporting
- Job Cost Variance Analysis
- Non-recurring Job Cost Processing support (AR, AP, and communications processing)
- Vendor Returns, chargebacks and Supplies AP support
- Providing support to the Operations team
Over 60 years in business, we strive on being the best in our industry and creating the best working atmosphere for all of our staff. As one of the Best Managed Companies in Canada we thrive on team recognition and involvement. We look forward to hearing from you!
Scandinavian would like to thank all applicants. Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Come and join our Scandi Family and find out what a great team you could be working with!